• Apart from being an aromatic spice, coriander seed has many curative and cooling properties.
• Coriander powder taken in combination with a pinch of asafoetida and rock salt is considered an aid to the digestive system. It is an appetite stimulant and aids in the secretion of gastric juices.
• Coriander has pain-relieving properties and is useful for headaches, muscle pain, stiffness and arthritis.
• Coriander powder is useful as a tea, because of its helpful effects on the digestive tract, and is good for increasing appetite, and relieving nausea, diarrhoea, flatulence and indigestion.
• It is reputed to enhance circulation and relieve fluid retention.